Last Updated on: 2019-1-17
- Colors indicate which Hymnal to use: 1982 Hymnal or Wonder Love & Praise (WLP)
Prelude: “For you I am praying” by Peter Marshall
Opening Hymn: 537 Christ for the world we sing!
Hymn of Praise: 616 “Hail to the Lord’s Anointed” (verse 1 &5 only)
- Hail to the Lord’s Anointed,
Great David’s greater Son!
Hail, in the time appointed,
His reign on earth begun!
He comes to break oppression,
To set the captive free;
To take away transgression,
And rule in equity.
- .O’er every foe victorious
He on His throne shall rest,
From age to age more glorious,
All-blessing and all-blest.
The tide of time shall never
His covenant remove;
His Name shall stand forever,
His changeless Name of Love.
- Gospel Hymn: 20 Now Holy Spirit, ever One (verses 1-2 before Gospel, verse 3 after)
Offertory Anthem: “Spirit of God, descend upon my heart” by Frederick Atkinson
- Poem by George Croly:
- Spirit of God, descend upon my heart;
- Wean it from earth; through all its pulses move.
- Stoop to my weakness, mighty as Thou art,
- And make me love Thee as I ought to love.
- I ask no dream, no prophet ecstasies,
- no sudden rending of the veil of clay,
- no angel visitant, no opening skies,
- but take the dimness of my soul away.
- Teach me to feel that Thou art always nigh;
- Teach me the struggles of the soul to bear,
- To check the rising doubt, the rebel sigh;
- Teach me the patience of unanswered prayer.
- Teach me to love Thee as Thine angels love,
- One holy passion filling all my frame;
- The kindling of the heav’n-descended Dove,
- My heart an altar, and Thy love the flame.
- Doxology: 380
- Sanctus: S-130
- Fraction Anthem: S-164
- Communion Hymn: 325 Let us break bread together on our knees
- Final Hymn: 135 Songs of thankfulness and praise
- Postlude: TBD